Homeluxurys is reader-supported We independently research, test, review, and recommend the best products. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page.
11 Best Brooms for Sweeping in 2023
- 1 11 Best Brooms for Sweeping in 2023
- 1.1 Best Overall: Treelen Long Handle Broom and Dustpan Set
- 1.2 Best For Pets:FURemover Extending Pet Hair Removal Broom
- 1.3 Best Value: Broom and Dustpan Set for Home
- 1.4 Best All Purpose Quickie Angle Cut All-Purpose Broom,
- 1.5 Best Outdoor: Yocada Heavy-Duty Broom Outdoor
- 1.6 Best Commercial: Rubbermaid Commercial Angle Broom
- 1.7 Best For Hardwood Floors: SWOPT Premium Straight Broom
- 1.8 Best Budget: Amazon Basics Heavy-Duty Broom, Blue and White
- 1.9 Best Whisk Broom: Libman 1030 Whisk Broom with Hanger Hole for Storage
- 1.10 Best Push Broom: SWOPT 18” Premium Multi-Surface Push Broom
- 1.11 Libman Precision Angle Broom
- 1.12 Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Broom ?
- 1.13 Price: How much should a broom cost?
- 1.14 Type: What are the different types of broom?
- 1.15 Brands: What is the best broom brand?
- 1.16 Materials: What is the best material for a broom?
- 1.17 Dimensions: How big should a broom be?
- 1.18 Care: Why is broom care important?
- 1.19 Storage: Where should I store my broom?
- 1.20 Bristles: Does a broom have bristles?
- 1.21 What kind of broom is best?
- 1.22 Which broom is best for cleaning?
- 1.23 What type of broom is best for hardwood floors?
- 1.24 How often should brooms be replaced?
Best Overall: Treelen Long Handle Broom and Dustpan Set
The Treelen Long Handle Broom and Dustpan Set is perfect for anyone looking for an easy-to-use broom and dustpan set. The Dustpan has teeth that comb dirt off the bristles of the broom, making it easier to clean. The Dustpan can also lock in an open position for easy emptying. This broom and dustpan set comes with a full-size broom and large dustpan, perfect for any sweeping task.
- Broom is durable.
- The bristles on the broom are silky.
- The wood handle is comfortable to grip on.
- The connecting feature of these two products is practical.
- There is a rubber lip along the edge of the dust pan.
- Flexible plastic makes it easy to bend.
- It holds a lot of weight, so it’s a good dust pan.
- Easy to use and clean up after use
- Can’t be fully cleaned in the sink.
- Requires too much effort and time to clean
- Poor quality of the brush.
Best For Pets:FURemover Extending Pet Hair Removal Broom
This broom is designed to remove pet hair easily. The telescopic handle makes it easy to adjust the broom’s length to suit any user. The broom is versatile and can be used for a range of tasks such as carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, and more. The broom is perfect for removing pet hair from surfaces such as windows, showers, and windshields.
- This broom can be used to remove pet hair from many surfaces.
- The telescopic handle allows the user to adjust the length of the brush head.
- The bristles are made of a soft rubber that gets rid of pet hair easily and with no damage to surfaces or animals.
- The rubber bristles are easy to clean.
- The built-in squeegee is perfect for cleaning windows and windshields.
- It cleans pet hair easily, with little maintenance needed.
- No guarantee for carpet length.
- Difficult to use.
- Doesn’t pick up as much hair as stated.
- No attachments.
- Lack of detail.
Best Value: Broom and Dustpan Set for Home
The broom is made from durable materials that can handle heavy loads, has a bend-over design that makes it easier to sweep dirt and debris off of floors, and the dustpan has a long handle that makes it easier to reach high places for cleaning.
- The broom measures over 52″ and the dustpan is 38″.
- It has a long handle that makes it simple to operate.
- The broom is lightweight.
- This set comes with two brooms, two dustpans, and a clip that attaches them to one another.
- The broom has springy bristles so it can sweep easily without any problems.
- The rubber lip in front of the dustpan makes it easier to sweep up the dirt.
- The broom is long-lasting.
- It is environmentally friendly and can be used outside and inside.
- The rubber lip on the dustpan prevents one from having to brush the dirt into it, which would take a lot of time
- Dustpan handle is not easy to use.
- Dustpan will not stand alone.
Best All Purpose Quickie Angle Cut All-Purpose Broom,
The Quickie Angle Cut All-Purpose Broom is made of split-tip 100-percent polypropylene fibers with an aggressive angle cut. This design makes it easy to sweep up even the smallest dirt particles with its 8-inch wide sweeping path. The broom also has a convenient hang-up feature that makes storage easy.
- Good for small spaces.
- Lightweight, so it’s easy to carry around.
- Small broom the size is too small
- Poor quality
Best Outdoor: Yocada Heavy-Duty Broom Outdoor
The Yocada Heavy-Duty Broom Outdoor is a great broom for sweeping. The long broomstick will allow you to reach every corner and spot, so you can keep your space spotless! The broom is easy to screw together, so you don’t have to bend your back! Additionally, the broom is a strong and durable option that you can use to clean any surface.
- The long broomstick will allow you to reach every spot.
- The broom head is 54″ so your back won’t hurt.
- It screws together tightly, so there isn’t a gap between the two pieces of the broom.
- Poor handle design.
- No metal components
- Bristles do not hold up well to heavy debris.
- Bristles are too flexible and will not move larger particles.
Best Commercial: Rubbermaid Commercial Angle Broom
The Rubbermaid Commercial Angle Broom is a great choice for sweeping due to its durable bristles. The bristles are cut and shaped in a way that makes it easy to sweep, and they are also resistant to staining and breaking. Additionally, the handle is sturdy and will not wear down easily.
- Bristles are made of polypropylene, which is both stain-resistant and durable.
- Bristles will not pull out of the handle.
- The sturdy handle resists breaking or wearing down.
- Unstable at the tip.
- Small width
Best For Hardwood Floors: SWOPT Premium Straight Broom
The Swopt Premium Straight Broom is a great option if you are looking for an ultra-soft brush head with robust bristles. The 48-inch handle is designed with a comfortable grip to make your chores less of a hassle, and the bristles are designed to pick up large and very fine particles from your floor with finesse. Additionally, the brush head captures pet hair easily. The interchangeable head and handle make it easy to customize for your unique needs, and you can even collect different options based on the type of cleaning you need to do. Plus, there’s a lifetime warranty included so you can always get help if something goes wrong.
- The bristles are soft.
- The handle and head are interchangeable.
- The lifetime warranty is reassuring.
- Bristles are not durable.
- No dustpan included
Best Budget: Amazon Basics Heavy-Duty Broom, Blue and White
The Amazon Basics Heavy-Duty Broom is a great choice for anyone looking for a durable, long-lasting broom. The bristles are extra-stiff and will not weaken or break during tough cleaning jobs. The construction of the broom is premium and it will last for years.
- Durable plastic broom for outdoor or industrial use.
- Extra-stiff bristles won’t break during tough cleaning jobs.
- The premium construction is built to last.
- Bristles are flimsy and bendable.
- Not ideal for outdoor use
Best Whisk Broom: Libman 1030 Whisk Broom with Hanger Hole for Storage
The Libman 1030 whisk broom is a great option for those looking for a small, easy-to-use broom. The bristles are made from recycled materials, and the whisk broom snaps into the dustpan for easy storage. The flagged bristles of the whisk broom make it perfect for picking up dirt and hair in tight spaces.
- This is a compact tool.
- It’s made from recycled materials.
- It’s good for detailing car interiors
- No dustpan.
- Bristles not strong enough to pick up dirt.
Best Push Broom: SWOPT 18” Premium Multi-Surface Push Broom
The Swopt 18” Premium Multi-Surface Push Broom is a heavy-duty broom that is made with strong materials. The steel handle and bristle block are built to last, and the broom is easy to clean and maintenance-free. It comes with a lifetime warranty, making it a great investment for any homeowner.
The Swopt 18” Premium Multi-Surface Push Broom is a top-rated broom that comes with a steel handle and bristle block. It’s easy to clean and maintenance free and is backed by a lifetime warranty. The Swopt 18” Premium Multi-Surface Push broom is available in an 18-inch head or 24-inch head size.
- Different head sizes are available
- Lifetime warranty
- Interchangeable head
- It is Heavy.
- The handle doesn’t adjust
The Libman Precision Angle Broom is an excellent broom for sweeping in tight corners and under cabinets. The broom is made from environmentally-friendly fibers that are made from recycled water bottles. The broom has a long life and is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The Precision Angle Broom is long-lasting.
- The broom fibers are made from recycled water bottles.
- This broom is good for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The broom was not wide enough.
- Dustbin has a steep incline and narrow opening.
- The product is difficult to use
Buying Guide: What to Look for in a Broom ?
Price: How much should a broom cost?
A broom is an essential cleaning tool that can be purchased for between $10 and $100. The price of a broom depends on the quality of the materials used in its construction, as well as the manufacturing process. Cheap brooms are available for $10, but high-end, high-quality brooms can cost up to $100.
Type: What are the different types of broom?
There are a variety of different types of brooms that are designed for different purposes. The most common types include the indoor broom, the push broom, the corn broom, and the rubber broom squeegee. For example, the indoor broom is typically smaller with a 10-inch head, while the push broom has a wider head for greater coverage. The outdoor corn broom is perfect for sweeping leaves and debris outdoors, while the traditional broom is ideal for general cleaning tasks. The rubber broom squeegee is great for removing liquid spills and dirt from floors. Finally, the whisk broom can be used to supplement another larger broom or to clean tight spaces.
Brands: What is the best broom brand?
These are the best broom brands
- Yanxus Broom
- TreeLen Broom
- Rubbermaid Commercial Broom
- Amazon Basics Broom
- Quickie Broom
- Swiffer Sweeper broom
Materials: What is the best material for a broom?
– Polyester: This material is often used because it can collect both large and small debris easily. It also dries quickly, making it ideal for use on wet surfaces.
– Polystyrene: This synthetic material is quick-drying and durable, making it a good choice for wet or dirty surfaces.
– Corn: A natural material, corn bristles are effective at picking up large pieces of debris. However, they don’t work as well with smaller particles.
– Tampico: Made from the fibers of agave cacti, tampico bristles are soft and effective at collecting smaller debris.
Bass bristles are made from the fibers of the West African palm tree. They are durable and best suited for exterior surfaces.
There are a variety of materials that can be used to make the broom handle.
- Wood is durable but requires more maintenance
- plastic is affordable and lightweight but does not last long
- metal handles come in different types and are quite durable but can be heavy,
- fiberglass handles are lightweight, weatherproof, and very durable but also the most expensive option.
Dimensions: How big should a broom be?
The dimensions of a broom are an important consideration when purchasing one. It is important to get the right size for your needs. Shorter users should look for a broom that is between 48 and 52 inches in height, while taller users should get one closer to 60 inches long. The ideal length of a broom depends on the height of the user.
Care: Why is broom care important?
Brooms need to be regularly cleaned in order to prevent the spread of dirtiness. If debris is left on the broom, it will become less effective at cleaning. In order to maintain the broom’s effectiveness, it is important to clean it often.
Storage: Where should I store my broom?
There are a few different ways to store your broom. The most common way is to hang it on a wall-mounted holder. This keeps it out of the way and prevents it from taking up space in your storage area. You can also store your dustpan and brush together on a hook. This is a convenient option if you only have limited storage space. Another option is to store by category– function (floor, countertop) or room (kitchen, bathroom). This will help you keep your cleaning supplies organized and easy to find. Finally, stock a cleaning caddy with cleaners, a clean rag, sponge, paper towels and an absorbent towel. This will help you stay organized while you’re cleaning.
Bristles: Does a broom have bristles?
Broom bristles are the part of the broom that come into contact with the floor or surface being swept. They are typically made from either nylon or polypropylene. Flagged bristles are ideal for collecting small particles, while unflagged bristles are better suited for larger debris. There are a variety of different types and sizes of bristles, so it is important to choose the right one for your needs.
What kind of broom is best?
When it comes to choosing the best broom for your needs, there are a few factors you’ll want to consider. The type of bristles is one important consideration- synthetic bristles are best because they’re immune to rot and can be cleaned with warm, soapy water. Corn or horsehair bristles are out, as they tend to trap dust and dirt instead of sweeping it up. The bristles must also have flagged ends- this is an intentional fraying of the tips that helps them capture dust, dirt, and hair at the broom’s sweeping surface.
Which broom is best for cleaning?
Our top pick is TreeLen’s broom and dustpan set because it features a 10-inch brush head with four layers of soft, yet sturdy bristles that effortlessly sweep up hair, dirt, dust, and crumbs.
What type of broom is best for hardwood floors?
When it comes to sweeping hardwood floors, a cloth or mop broom with microfiber bristles is the best option. The bristles on these brooms will collect more dust and dirt than they will push or sweep, making them the most efficient type of broom for this surface. A broom with soft, plush bristles is not as good at collecting dust and dirt on hardwood floors as a broom with hard, stiff bristles.
How often should brooms be replaced?
Brooms should be replaced when they start to lose their bristles and when they stop being effective at picking up dirt and debris. Most brooms last for around six months, but this can vary depending on the type of broom, how often it is used, and the environment it is used in.
Best Toilet Paper for Septic Tank
Best Sheets for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin
How to Deadhead Daylilies
Best Sheets for Allergies Sufferers
Best TempurPedic Pillows
Best Laundry Detergent Sheets
How to Deadhead Salvias
How to Deadhead Mums
How to Deadhead Geraniums
How to Grow Plant & Harvest Blackberries Plants
How to Deadhead Petunias
How to Deadhead Roses
How to Grow and Care for Cleome Hassleriana
Best Karl Foerster Grass Companion Plants
Best Companion Plants for Coral Bells
Best Green Bean Companion Plants
Best Lemon Balm Companion Plants
Best Brussel Sprouts Companion Plants
Best Rhubarb Companion Plants
Best Bee Balm Companion Plants